The College of Liberal & Creative Arts (LCA) views academic advising as a critical component of students’ educational experiences. The Advising Resource Center (ARC) partners with students pursuing a major, minor, or certificate in LCA to achieve their learning goals. We support students in attaining these goals by providing accurate and timely information, listening carefully to questions and concerns, fostering an environment conducive to personal and academic growth, and collaborating with students in identifying and achieving their goals.
At the Advising Resource Center, we work with students to:
- Create a supportive environment
- Meet diverse interests
- Provide direct service and referrals
- Select appropriate courses
- Choose majors, minors, or certificates
- Celebrate successes and address challenges
- Discover campus resources
- Connect with communities
- Reduce potential costs through strategic choices
- Enrich educational and cultural experiences
- Explore study abroad options
- Facilitate academic growth and successful graduation
- Discuss post-graduation opportunities
We are committed to meeting the needs of all students, while acknowledging and accommodating their personal and academic backgrounds, identities, and circumstances. Whatever is of interest to our students is an important part of our advising.
We see students by appointments or through drop-in advising. We recommend that students with majors, minors, or certificates in the College of Liberal & Creative Arts schedule an appointment with an ARC advisor, and an advisor in their major, at least once a semester. We look forward to meeting with you.
Together We Make Graduation Happen!