Students are encouraged to see advisors in their majors and/or an advisor in the Advising Resource Center (ARC) once a semester.
Majors within the College of Liberal & Creative Arts assign undergraduate major advisors in different ways (for the most up-to-date information on procedures for securing a major advisor, contact the department).
Graduate students typically get academic advising from the graduate coordinator in their program.
Occasionally, students wish to deviate from usual practices, and that deviation will require a petition. There are online resources for completing petitions and one can seek assistance from the Advising Resource Center when completing a petition.
Different Ways to Contact Us and Ask Questions
Please include your ID number with every request for assistance.
- History advising
- School of Humanities and Liberal Studies advising
- International Relations advising
- Jewish Studies advising
- Journalism advising
- Modern Language and Literature advising
- School of Music advising
- Philosophy advising
- Political Science advising
- School of Theatre Arts and Dance advising
- Women and Gender Studies advising